Monday, February 15, 2010

6 days and counting!

I can't believe I'm going to Uganda in 6 days!

I have started packing and am realizing that I won't have room to bring many clothing items.

I have had so many dental supplies donated for the trip and purchased a few items as well.  It's more important to have room for those items. Multiple changes of clothing is not really an option.

Last Friday, I was blessed to have a friend host a prayer send off for me and Bonnie (my travel buddy).
About 30 ladies came to pray for us and send us off with well wishes and hugs.  My neighbor was thoughtful enough to bring a much needed poncho so that all the ladies could sign it for me.

Stay tuned for why I need the poncho...

While preparing for the trip has been time consuming and, at times, overwhelming, I have managed to feel a calming sense of peace this week that can only come from a higher source.

I want to thank everyone that has been praying for me and this trip. I can't wait to see what awaits me!

No comments:

Post a Comment