Monday, February 22, 2010

Strangers in a Foreign Loand

So, you wouldn’t imagine England to be so different than the States given that we speak the same language. But clearly…we are tourists here. We are hyper-aware of everything including driving on the “wrong” side of the road, the very cool English accents and the way everyone looks at us. They can SOOO tell we are rookies around here. For example, Bonnie called shotgun in the cab, but sat it the driver’s side by accident!

Everything is seems so charming and fascinating! We walked over the bridge on the River Thames and I believe took pictures of “the castle” in Windsor (we ventured out in the dark of night so, it could’ve really been anything, but it looked cool!)

The money seemed a bit of a challenge (converting pounds to dollars). That’s one thing you take for granted at home. You know how much a dollar is worth when buying an item and can easily tell if you’re getting ripped off or not!

We ate at Brown’s pub and restaurant. We had our hearts set on “Bangers and Mash” but they were sold out! Argggghhh! So we decided on fish and chips and a pint of cider. It was all yummy.

Back at the hotel, I managed to trip the circuit by plugging in my computer with the converter so my team got a nice laugh out of that one. And this morning we couldn’t figure out how to turn off the shower! We literally had to have someone from housekeeping come turn it off! Oy!

And the comedy of errors are happening in a country similar to ours! Can you imagine once we get to Uganda?

7 comments:

  1. I didn't brush my teeth tonight but I'll pray for you guys anyway!! Have a great time!!
    Dathan and the Grahams
    ps: korene and Ryder brushed their teeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, we did pray that God would provide what you needed and if it was the prime minister of hot water so be it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want you guys to know that I had a wonderful time with the Lord praying for you this morning. You are in His hands and He is going to open the way while using you for His glory.
    Josie, I forgot to ask you if you got the lido and septocaine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh sounds amazing! You guys are in my thoughts 24/7 and im praying constantly!!!! Its kinda scary how waiting for your next blog can distract me. Oh well. :D Sounds like your already having a blast! Miss you both! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is classic Josie! Just so you know.... I am very excited about "our" trip to Uganda..... You see, I don't get out much and I plan on following this blog everyday! This is my adventure to the bush too….. I just needed you to do all the heavy lifting! I will be thinking and praying…. Have a blast! (Dutton)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you. He will be with you. Deut31:8
    praying for you =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your posts and your sense of humor. Glad you and Bonnie have each other to laugh with. Keeping you in prayer, Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete